Sign in to follow this  
Maya Brass

Re-Orientation

When Seth would come into the shower room after training he would be confronted with a woman with painted on eyebrows and a large alligator grin. She would be leaning against the wall wearing her uniform, arms crossed as she looked at him in the towel. "You are cuter than I imagined. Hurry up and get cleaned up Redford, we need to talk," she said to the man but didn't exit the room as more men filtered in.

Seth had been through training already and he was in the army now but he had a condition in which he thought he was concealing pretty well, however they had learned of it and they actually had a special task force in which they put good soldiers like him into and Elizabeth was about to do that.

@Dragon

Savage wasn't an officer Seth had much interaction with, but she had a reputation around the base that everyone was familiar with. The sort of reputation that made him wary when she flagged him down. Seth immediately started back tracking through recent events trying to think of anyway he might have fucked up, or have been seen to have fucked up - but nothing stood out. 

"Yes ma'am," was the only answer he gave, going through the ritual motions as he acknowledged her, knowing better than to question her. He stepped by to make for the showers. 

Less than ten minutes later Seth returned, hair still a little damp but otherwise in the appropriate fatigues as he came to attention in front of the officer and waited to hear what this was all about. 

@Morrigan

Elizabeth nodded her head to indicate she wanted him to walk with her. Once they were outside they walked for a few moments before she lifted her chin. "Your changing units," she stated to him. "It's a special ops unit for people of your type," she advised him.

@Dragon

That caused Seth to falter and temporarily break his composure as his gaze swung toward the woman. His natural instinct was to deny it, and he started to only to snap his jaw shut before much sound came out - this wasn't some encounter out on the streets, after all. 

"The supernatural division," he repeated instead, still a little wary, "how did you all know?" he asked. Until now he thought he'd been keeping everything under wraps - hard though it had been to pull off at times. 

@Morrigan

"We know the signs to look for. The behavior around the full moon tends to be the dead giveaway though," she advised him with a smirk. "Don't worry, you'll like it. It's better than some of the poor saps that don't join the military."

@Dragon

He wasn't sure what to make of that. It didn't sound good, and the way she said it only lended to that suspicion, "And I take it this is ah... not a voluntary matter," Seth said more than asked. He wasn't all that long out of boot camp, but enough to be familiar with the general workings. This wasn't a typical sort of procedure. 

@Morrigan

Elizabeth simply slapped him on the shoulder and ran her hand up over it leaning into him. "You'll like it. The Amazon is going to get your training started tomorrow. What I need from you is to pack your shit up and meet me at the barracks entrance in an hour and I'll take you to what will be your new home. Unlike here we bunk co-ed but we have stricter policies about sleeping around," she advised him. "If you do good you'll likely get your own squad of civilians to train."

@Dragon

Despite the wariness his curiosity was also peaked. Any kind of spec-ops assignment came with prestige. Something like this... it could really give his career a foot up. 

Seth nodded, "Yes Ma'am," he answered. She dismissed them as they approached his unit's barracks and he branched away to go gather his belongings. That process itself only took a few minutes. It was mostly a matter of transferring the contents of his footlocker into his seabag so he could carry the bulky thing easily. 

As he was packing his CO appeared at the foot of his bunk, "I hear you're being transferred," the man said conversationally. 

"That's what I'm told," Seth answered with a half shrug. 

"Be a shame to lose you, wherever you're going," he said in a tone that said he was curious, though he didn't try to press for any further information. He already knew the answer he'd get back for asking. 

They conversed for a few more minutes before the man meandered on. By that point someone had overheard the conversation and the news had filtered through the rest of the guys. Seth finished stowing his belongings and spent the next forty minutes conversing with his soon to be former squad mates before it was time to get his shit and meet Savage out front. He made sure to be at the entrance before she ever came into view. 

@Morrigan