Sign in to follow this  
Seth (Young)

Jurassica Nova

The outpost was quiet as the storm rolled in, most of the inhabitants retreated to their quarters ahead of the rain. Despite being mid afternoon it was nearly dark from the storm heads that had covered the sky, illuminated by sheets of lightning as thunder rolled in the distance. There was a sudden, loud crack that caused Seth to flinch in spite of himself - then curse as the three small raptors he'd already managed to wrangle together squawked and leaped out of the basket he'd contained them in, immediately scattering in three different directions. 

"Hey!" he called after them, "Get back here!" 

Seth trotted off after the nearest one, just managing to scoop him up before it scurried into a hollowed out log, "You're all a huge pain in my ass, you know that?" he muttered as he held the creature in against his chest, starting off after the next closest one. Fortunately they were still small and a little clumsy, making it only a little more difficult than chasing down a puppy. He caught the second and wedged her in under his arm next to her brother. 

The third was the most timid of the group. Another thunder clap had him chirping and scrambling back to Seth. He leaned down awkwardly and managed to scoop it up as well. The next few moments were spent in an awkward sort of juggling bout as he tried to keep hold of the squirming raptors while he adjusted his messenger satchel around his shoulder and tried to slip the trio inside while they wriggled, nipped and scratched at him, "Damn!" he cursed as he finally got the three into the pouch and quickly secured the leather straps. Almost immediately one of them managed to poke its head out of the side, but fortunately she couldn't quite wedge her shoulders out to actually escape. 

Once he was sure they were contained Seth paused to look around, growling lowly as the drops started to fall. So much for beating the rain, "Saph!" he called out for the last, and most obstinate, of the hatchlings. The rain started to come down a little heavier as he looked for some sign of her, then there was a rustling in the brush nearby, "Saph!" he called again, "Come on lets go!" 

There was more rustling and then suddenly a small head poked out of the bush, cocking side to side as the creature eyed him and then hissed, "Don't back talk me, come here," Seth scowled. The little raptor flicked her tongue at him and stayed put. His brow knit in frustration as he reached for the clicker and snapped it, "Here!" he demanded again. 

She made a sneezing sound in response. 

"Look you little -" 

The rain suddenly started to come down in sheets. Seth made a frustrated sound and started to step toward the raptor, but the heavier rainfall seemed to ruin the fun for her. Saph came running to him and Seth scooped a hand under her belly. He held her into his chest, moving his other hand to hold the satchel with the rest steady against his side as he turned to trot back towards the outpost. By the time he was through the gates and making his way into the towering stables he was thoroughly soaked, hair plastered down and clothes sticking heavily to his frame. 

Seth shook himself as he came in out of the wet, griping under his breath as he headed for the tacking rooms to get himself and his charges dried off and warmed up. 

@Morrigan

Alice looked up when Seth came into the tack room with his raptors giving him a smirk. "Needed an early shower did ya Redford?" she teased him as Saph wiggled to get out of his arms. Her charges were already settled away for the day and asleep as she had gotten back far before the storm.

"You need help?" she asked him.

@Dragon

"They seemed to think I did," Seth answered as he kicked the door shut behind him so he could let Saph down to the ground. She shook the water droplets off herself and looked around a moment before running to attack a burlap sack bunched up in the corner. The three raptors contained in the satchel began to squirm even more and squeak loudly. 

He moved to a cabinet on the wall and grabbed several towels, "Yeah, actually," he grunted, shrugging the satchel strap off and holding it out to her, "if you can hold this a minute," Seth requested. When she took it he moved to ambush Saph by throwing one of the towels over her, grabbing her back up and then bundling her up in such a way that she was cocooned and trapped inside of it. 

@Morrigan

Alice took his satchel and reached down to stroke the Raptors head that was peering out the side. "This is why I prefer the Rexes," she advised him. "Don't have to have multiples of them to keep them happy," she said with a smirk as she watched him wrangle Saph.

@Dragon

"Well I didn't exactly get a choice," Seth smiled faintly as he got Saph secured in the bundle and gently set her down. The immobilized raptor squeaked and snapped her jaws indignantly while rocking slightly side to side, unable to move further. With her contained he moved to extract the one that had her head poking out of the side, "Still, I think they'll beat any rex for a team when they're older and better taught." 

@Morrigan

"I guess she's same as ever," Seth shrugged, "don't exactly get to see her much these days now that I'm wrangling this lot," he said as he got the second secure and turned to reach for the third, "they make it kind of hard to find the time to catch a transport back to the city. Gonna be nice when they get bigger." 

@Morrigan