Sign in to follow this  
Alice (Young)

Wrong Man

"Night Seth," she said to him.

The next day was an early one. She was up and drinking coffee as people fussed over her hair and she got into the big white poofy dress that made it impossible to sit down in. She was pacing in the room as she was waiting to be told it was time. She was freaking out and considering running again but she just thought about what Seth had said and she stayed put. When they called her out her dad walked her down the isle and she smiled at Dixon who was waiting for her.

While most women would be thinking about how happy they were she was reminding herself that it was almost over and then things could go back to normal.

When the I dos were complete they all went to the reception and Alice eventually found Seth. "So I think I owe you a drink and you owe me a dance," she advised him. "Last time you'll ever see me in something this ridiculous."

@Dragon

Seth couldn't wait for the day to be over for different reasons. He felt increasingly miserable through the ceremony and by the reception he was back to wishing he'd never come.

But at least now he could get trashed.

He pushed himself up from the bar when Alice approached. She did look beautiful, despite what she might have thought... but it definitely wasn't her style. Then again he'd always found her most attractive when she was wild haired and disheveled from a wild dash to escape the cops or something of the sort.

"Who'd have thought you could pull of pretty princess," he teased with a smirk.

@Morrigan

"Yeah? You think I pull this off?" she spun around and then rolled her eyes at him. "I will be soooo much happier when I get to strip this thing off," she advised him offering her hand out to him. "Come on."

@Dragon

They fell easily into stride. It should have been fun but really he just felt worse, "So just a few more hours and you're off to the city," he murmured, "wasn't supposed to say anything but Dixon has something planned to make up for... well all this." 

Because his dumbass self had saved his cousin again. Retrospectively he'd done that a lot over the years, stepping in to tell the moron how to fix his mistakes. 

@Morrigan

"Eh... You'll be too busy to miss me any," he smiled, though it was forced. She was starting a new chapter in life and this time there was no room for him. But maybe that was for the best. It'd be easier to just have nothing of her, rather than being a friend on the sidelines - that's what his time living away had taught him. 

@Morrigan