Sign in to follow this  
Violet (Young)

Bad Wolves

Like with many bands and with many bands of their age there was a volatile nature to them. Despite it being all on Violet to come up with everything the fact that her now ex-boyfriend had left the band it left them one band member short and her friend, and the drummer, Eli, had promised her a replacement guitarist but he was late which was stressing her out.

"Where is he Eli? We're on in ten minutes. I think I should just tell them we can't. I don't even know if this guy can play our music. God damn it," she said pacing away from the door again as she pulled out a cigarette to start smoking.

@Dragon

"He'll be here any minute now, Vi," Eli assured as he watched her pace, "trust me. And this guy is an amazing player, way better than the dick you were sitting on before. Just relax." 

@Morrigan

Violet looked to Eli as she let out a breath of smoke. "I'm not relaxing. If we cancel again we're never playing here again and this is the only paying gig we have Eli," she said taking in another drag of the cigarette between her fingers.

@Dragon

"I told you he'll be he-"

The rest was cut off as the back door swung open and a dark haired youth strode in, "You know you fucking suck at giving directions," Red accused Eli as soon as he fixed his gaze on him, "I know you're a fucking crack brat but you at least ought'a know left from right, dumbass."

@Morrigan

Before Eli could respond Violet interjected. "Do you know the music?" she stepped up a little closer to the man but didn't put out the cigarette, still stressed and she didn't believe Eli that he was even close to what they had had. She was dressed provocatively and they didn't exactly have time to go through and be sure that he knew his shit before they were on stage.

@Dragon

"Good," she said looking to Eli with a frown. She didn't often like that the music be played outside of their group fear that people would steal it forcing them to miss their opportunity but that was an argument for another time in this specific case it saved their asses.

As Violet put out her cigarette they were told they were up next.

Violet moved with them toward the stage.

As the previous band finished they were introduced and came out and started it. The whole time, Violet was worried their temporary new band member would fuck up and if there was a scout in the crowd, that would fuck it up for all of them.

@Dragon

Once she was ahead of them moving to the stage Red glanced at Eli, "Little uptight isn't she," he muttered under his breath as they made their way out. Once on the stage he moved into position and got set up, giving his guitar a last check over while Violet took the mic. 

Fortunately, he was every bit as good as Eli had assured. What he hadn't rehearsed with his friend before, he'd gotten the sheet music to with enough time to play through and memorize his parts. So when Violet introduced the first song he had no trouble picking up the introductory riff. 

@Morrigan

Violet glanced to the man, at least he knew this one, is all she thought as they began. The set was probably one of the best but she didn't admit that to Eli or the new guy. She sought out the manager who told her more gigs like that and they'd be playing every night and that they would see her next week.

When she came back to the group she split up the cash four ways as they always did. "I'll see you all at rehearsals tomorrow."

"Come on Vi. Stay, party with us."

"Not tonight."

"Why not?"

"I've got shit to do unlike you assholes," she said to Nate their bassist. "I see you later. I promise," she said shrugging on her jacket as she shoved her own cash into her pocket and started for the door after giving Nate and Eli hugs.

@Dragon

Once the singer was gone and the door closed at her back Red glanced at Eli, "Thought you said she was chill," he commented. 

He got back some vague reply about her being upset about the breakup. Red shrugged it off and nodded out toward the front, "Let's go get a drink. I just came of a twelve day work stretch I need it." 

@Morrigan